Easy to Make Antioxidant Rich Fat-Burning Cocktail
I would like to share with my readers an easy to make cocktail chock full of antioxidants and fat burning ingredients. No fancy juicers or blenders are needed and the ingredients are readily available from your local supermarket. Start your New Year with this healthy delicious drink.
1. The base for the drink is low sodium V8 tomato juice. Tomato juice is rich in lycopene which has antioxidant properties 100 times that of vitamin E and protects against UV radiation. Lycopene has potent anticancer properties especially for the prostate. V8 also contains other vegetables juices that are antioxidant rich like watercress and parsley.
2. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is then added to the juice; from 1 to 2 tablespoons. Olive oil is rich in antioxidant compounds known as polyphenols as well as in heart healthy monounsaturated fats. The oil will also allow for absorption of fat soluble antioxidants in the cocktail.
3. Next add 1-3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar. Apple Cider Vinegar has been shown to have fat burning and blood cleansing properties. Choose Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar that has the “mother” still in it. This also gives the drink a pleasant tangy taste.
4. Add a teaspoon of the spice turmeric. Turmeric is a superstar in the spice world having strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Recent studies suggest turmeric is preventive against Alzheimer’s. Add pinches of oregano and basil for added antioxidant power and flavor.
5. Grind fresh black pepper into the drink. Black pepper contains an ingredient that helps in the absorption of antioxidants.
6. Add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper which is loaded with antioxidants and has fat burning properties.
7. Squeeze some lemon juice into the drink. Lemon has blood cleansing properties and aids in the absorption of antioxidants.
Mix everything with a spoon and drink to a healthy New Year.